List of countries and areas with an increased risk of infection
On covid19.admin.ch you will find a visualisation of the list on a world map.
New on the list as of 12 January 2021, 1 pm: Ireland.
No longer on the list since 7 january 2021: Belize, Italy: Region Friuli Venezia Giulia.
The newly added countries and areas are written in bold.
Areas of neighbouring countries
- Land Sachsen
- Region Veneto
Countries and areas*
- Kingdom of the Netherlands
- San Marino
- South Africa
- United Kingdom of Great Britain
- United States of America
*The following applies for all countries that do not share a border with Switzerland: If a country is on the list, this includes all of its areas, islands and overseas territories – even if they are not listed separately.
What to do after entering Switzerland
- Upon arrival, go immediately to your home or to other suitable accommodation (e.g. a hotel or holiday apartment). On the way there, keep a minimum distance of 1.5 metres from other people. If you are unable to maintain this distance, we recommend that you wear a mask. Avoid public transport if possible.
- Report your arrival to the cantonal authority responsiblewithin two days. Follow the instructions of the cantonal authority.
- For 10 daysafter your arrival in Switzerland you must stay in your home or other suitable accommodation without going out. Avoid contact with other people and follow the instructions on quarantine (PDF, 182 kB, 12.09.2020).
Anyone who fails to comply with the quarantine requirement or the duty to report to the authorities is committing an offence under the Epidemics Act (in German), which can be punished by a fine of up to CHF 10,000.
The document ‘Instructions on quarantine’ can be found in various languages on our website Downloads in various languages.
Information on quarantine for person arriving in Switzerland
Anyone who may have become infected with the new coronavirus must go into quarantine. If they fall ill they should avoid all contact with other people in order to prevent the spread of the virus. The quarantined person should stay at home or in some other suitable accommodation and not leave for any reason.
Who has to go into quarantine and how long must they stay there? What should you do if you are in quarantine and live with other people? This and other information can be found in the document Instructions on quarantine (PDF, 182 kB, 12.09.2020).